August 22, 2016
If you can keep a secret (and even if you can’t!) there’s something you should know. Dr. Stampe and her team at CityLine Dental Center have a way to make orthodontic braces practically invisible. With Invisalign in Richardson, you can enjoy all of the oral health and aesthetic benefits of a straight smile without having to contend with the drawbacks of traditional braces that have metal brackets and wires.
The Advantages of Invisalign over Traditional Braces
Aside from the obvious advantage that Invisalign offers—these braces are discreet and far more inconspicuous than any other teeth straightening option—there are other advantages. Knowing what those are will give you more confidence as you begin your orthodontic treatment with Invisalign.
- First, because the Invisalign aligners are removable, you can eat whatever food you want whenever you want. Traditional braces demand wearers to be cautious about what they eat because some foods can dislodge the brackets and wires that are cemented to teeth. When this happens, treatment time can be interrupted and a trip to the dentist or orthodontist is necessary to reattach your braces.
- Also, because Invisalign clear braces can be removed, you are able to maintain your regular oral hygiene routine at home. Without having to maneuver around metal brackets and wires, you can brush and floss your teeth better and avoid the increased risk of cavities and gum disease.
- Invisalign aligners are made of clear, smooth BPA-free plastic. You never have to worry about bracket irritating your gum tissue or a shifted wire poking the inside of your cheek. These braces are truly comfortable!
- With traditional braces, you’d probably need to see your orthodontist at least once a month so your braces could be adjusted, an often painful experience. Not so with Invisalign. Richardson dentist Dr. Stampe will only need to see you about every six weeks to check your progress. There are never any painful or time-consuming adjustments.
- Finally, if your son or daughter is wearing Invisalign Teen®, there are up to six free replacement aligners if any of the original are lost or broken.
Invisalign or Porcelain Veneers
Some patients ask Dr. Stampe if veneers might be a better option for them. Porcelain veneers can certainly improve the appearance of your smile, but they cannot correct the position of your teeth and your occlusion. Moreover, applying veneers necessitates removing a slim layer of tooth enamel, which is a permanent alteration that makes veneers or another tooth restoration forever necessary. Nothing can beat the benefits of enjoying your own healthy and straight teeth!
Call About Invisalign in Richardson Today
If you would like more information about Invisalign, contact CityLine Dental Center to schedule a consultation with Dr. Stampe.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.